Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Countdown Begins

This summer has been by far, the busiest of summers!  It has been jam packed with family, friends and lots of fun!  Here is a recap:

Ryan graduated from the Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program! Wahoo!! Ryan took his boards a few weeks ago -- a big relief for all of us. We moved in with my parents and our renters moved into our Uptown house. Living at home has been a huge blessing. Did I mention my younger sister, Gina (22y/o) is living here too?  We are having so much fun. Its nice to have the help and support with Win.  Initially, when we found out that our renters needed to move in a month earlier, we were a little disappointed but it has been so wonderful. If we had waited, we would now be scrambling around getting the house packed up and not enjoying the summer.

In between preparations; completing vaccines, target runs, packing and re packing we have managed to have a little bit of fun. :)


                                Visiting Ryan's parents at their lake home in Alexandria, MN
                                                Eating sherbert and soaking up the sun :)
                                            Trip to the Black Hills for the Koch's wedding!

A bit of clarification for our readers: On Monday, August 6th we leave for Nepal. Nepal is located above India. We will be in Nepal until December. Then we will be headed to Zimbabwe, Africa from December until May.  Winslow and I have decided to come home a month earlier so that we can make it to my sister, Natalie's wedding in Palm Springs!!! Cannot wait!!  Winslow will be the ring bearer and I am a bridesmaid.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we have packed two separate shipments.  One for Zimbabwe and one for Nepal.

Our things for Zimbabwe were sent in a large shipping container full of medical supplies.  It left from Nebraska last week and is scheduled to arrive in about 4 months.  I pray that everything makes it okay.  

It was very nice to have our things sent a little early. This took much of the load off. As you can see in the photo below I have sent several dried food, muffin mix, spices, etc.  This will really liven up our food ;)


                                                           Winslow helping me pack
                                             Food, toiletries, my clothes and Winslow's clothes. I have never been brave enough to do cloth diapers but that's what we will be switching over to!! Thanks to a few good friends who have shown me what Im doing. ;)
Signed, Sealed, Delivered!


No comments:

Post a Comment